Monday, February 1, 2010

You outta love hand-me-downs!

Today my co-worker Albert arrived to the office with three full bags of hand-me-downs for Katalina.

It included 17 dresses, 5 hats, 2 bath robes, 5 pairs of socks, 8 pairs of shoes, 8 pair of pants, 3 shirts, 2 knitted sweaters, 2 pajamas, a onesie and a little bottle bag.

Some of the stuff still had the tag attached since, as everybody knows, babies grow so fast! I was thinking of buying some clothes before travelling to Colombia, but now we’re all set up! This is great, thank you Albert :).

I really feel compelled to thank God for the generosity of my friends, this is not the first hand-me-down we get, Katalina’s crib, high chair and other little things were given to us by my good friend Johana who’s daughter is two years old now, also, the car seat was given by Marge, who had an extra one for her granddaughters. Isn’t this cool?

To those of you who are thinking “you are so cheap, why don’t you buy everything new for your daughter, after all, you two work and have no children”, I think our friend Matt calls this “DINKs”  my answer is: if it is good, and is free, why not? Besides, this is a lesson we are going to teach Katie, you don’t need to show-off your “stuff” it is stuff after all, what’s important it is what’s inside, your values, and the good actions you do towards the others.  Anyone disagrees?

--update--
After getting home I got to check on the sizes and a lot of the clothes are size 12 & 18 months, so I still will get to have some fun shopping for Katie since she's (i think) size 9 right now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment