Saturday, February 6, 2010

I know that baby!

I was yesterday in a training about “carbonation” (I know it doesn’t sound interesting, but we gotta learn about what our company does) and the second part of the training was a hand-on session on the lab.  I was going back to my desk after the session was over and I glimpsed over their bulletin board (you know where they have their schedules, and usual work info) and I saw a photo of a baby… I was like… wait, I know that baby… is that my daughter? What? Have I seen her photo so many times everywhere in my house and my office that I’m now starting to have visions?  So I went closer and confirmed it, it was my daughter and I’m not so crazy after all.


The reason for her photo to be there is because my co-workers are throwing a baby shower for us, and the lab guys are invited, since they don’t have internet access their manager printed the invitation and posted it on the bulletin board. So this is not me with an agenda but Katie is already in an engineering environment :)

After the work day was over we went for a nice dinner with all of the sparkies (electrical engineers) to say goodbye to our boss who’s leaving us.  

Then we finished the days with a couple of drinks at a close by bar, I didn’t remember that in Texas you can still smoke in a bar (yes I haven’t been in a bar for a very long time) 

So I ended up the day with smoke smell all over and a big smile on my face.  Life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. Carlina,

    Congrats on your baby girl! She is LOVELY! I hope we will meet in Colombia.

    All the best
    the Kern Family, Kurt Phyllis, Lucy and Mateo

    ReplyDelete