As you know, Katalina and I are Colombian, one of my new year's resolutions was to become an US citizen, so I’ve been filling paperwork, paying fees, studying American history and The Constitution and whatnot.
Paul and I have been wondering all this time who would be the first to become an US citizen, either mother or daughter… my bet was on Katie, and… that’s why I don’t bet, because I’m really bad at it. Today I presented my citizenship exam and I passed (yay!) So according to the immigration officer I’ll have my naturalization ceremony on February 25th, the same day that Katie will be turning 9 months old and (we hope) the week before we get to have her in our hands.
And talking about having her on our hands… we got her yesterday in our pediatrician’s hands, she got a full check-up and the doctor says she’s healthy (Praise the Lord). She will have routine exams just to make sure that all corners are covered. She’s 26.38” and weights 15.21 lbs, and according to the foster mother “she’s pretty calm but she’s got a temper”; it sounds like her mom.
Now the fun part, we got a new photo of her, she was enjoying her favorite snack “cookies”
(I’m doing my happy dance).
Congratulations on becoming a US citizen, Carolina!!! That's great news!
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is just a doll!!! So happy she was able to see a doctor and all checked out okay and also that you got this new picture!!! Couldn't you just reach out and squeeze those cheeks?? She's just too cute!
Hope all is gong well as you prepare for your journey to Katie!!!
Brian, Mary, Lauren & Ben (LSS family from Minnesota)
Carolina: Que felicidad todas las buenas noticias juntas! Tu hija es hermosa, me encanta esta foto! Un gran abrazo.
ReplyDeletePaula (CAC)
Thank you for the nice comments! I do want to squeeze those cheeks!
ReplyDeletePaula tu nena esta grandota y divina! Como cambian en tan poquito tiempo!