The first one was on Saturday morning with my good friends from the Bill Bennett’s listeners group, we meet once a month and this month’s meeting was crashed by Katie :) The shower was organized by Dottie & Marge who did a superb job with decorations, cake and punch, the theme was baby girl and bears, and my favorite thing was this adorable bear on the cake.
Marge & Dottie
The little bear from the cake
The second one was the same Saturday in the afternoon, it was hosted by my close friends Johana and Wendy, at my home and I had friends from all over San Antonio, whom I have met from different places and all of them are so close to my heart. The girly bear decorations, food, drinks, and little details were breathtaking; we had a lot of fun playing baby bingo and my two favorite things were this baby clothesline, and this sign for Katie’s room.
Johana, Carolina w/Katie, Wendy w/Helen Bea
The cute clothesline and decoration
It is not "the baby's room" anymore, it is now Katie's room :)
The third one was today at work, and I have to admit it went totally beyond my expectations, a group of co-workers set up the training room with cute decorations and had a delicious lunch & cake for all of us. We played “guessing the baby food” and of course Albert, our expert parent, won the price. My favorite thing here was the food (it was delicious and I was starving) and the cake since they decorated it with things that we will use such as baby spoons and little bows.
The organizers: Allie, Melissa, Mary Lee & Carol
The useful & delicious cake
Needless to say, Katie got the cutest and most useful things, it is easier for me to count the couple things we’re missing than what we got and we received some very useful gift cards that will give us a good hand buying all we’re missing. Thank you guys for your generosity!
I can’t start saying how grateful I am with God for all of this remarkable people He has given us as friends without my eyes getting teary and my voice breaking up, as all of you know, I’m new to this country and my husband is new to this city so we didn’t have any friends (besides our sweet neighbors Mel & Wendy) during our first year in town, and it was a concern to me that our children would not have somebody close by to hang out with, but now that Katie is coming I know in my heart that our little one will have many aunts, uncles and grandmas not by blood but by heart.
God bless y’all.
No comments:
Post a Comment