I’ve noticed that to write about a first day of anything in Katie’s life, I have to wait until the whole day (and night) has gone by. I’m glad I waited until today to write about Katie’s first day at daycare because now I have the full story.
So the day started as usual, with mom making her morning bottle and getting her ready to go and daddy actually dropping her off, here is her official first day photo
Daddy said she was more interested on the pancakes the other children were having for breakfast than crying goodbye, after all, she didn’t know she was going to spend the entire day in there.
I picked her up in the afternoon and when I got there she was playing with other children and once she saw me she gave me a big smile. After we got home she wouldn’t let me go away (as expected) but she was very tired and went to bed easily.
During the night she had a restless sleep and woke up several times crying going back to sleep after it, we got tired of it so we brought her to our bed, which she wasn’t expecting and she couldn’t fall back asleep. Noticing that nobody was getting a good night sleep I decided to take her back to her room and we “slept” in the reclining chair for about the rest of the night which seemed to be just a millisecond.
I’m pretty sure her restless sleep was a reaction to this change in her life and I know she will overcome it gracefully as she has with all the other big changes, after all, our Katie can be little in size but she’s a giant fighter.
No comments:
Post a Comment