Saturday, April 10, 2010

Uneventful Times – Not.

Paul once told me there’s a Chinese proverb that wishes you an “uneventful life” and since I always take my husband’s word I didn’t Google it for this post… OK, I did Google it, it actually says: "May we all live in uneventful times." Well, let me tell you, today was everything but uneventful.

Events:

1. Paul left this morning; there were tears, lots of them.


2. I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle; there were tears, lots of them.


3. Katie and I moved to my mom’s, so Katie had to fall asleep in an unfamiliar place, there were tears, lots of them.


OK, now you know the kind of eventful day we had (not much fun). BUT, since I have decided I am NOT a victim, here’s the good stuff behind:

1. Our adoption lawsuit was finally admitted and we hope we will be soon joining Paul (who thanks God just got home safe and sound), besides, after daddy left, Katie mastered the word PAPA, she kept repeating it throughout the day, I think she misses him, I know I DO.


2. I just sprained my ankle, I seriously thought I had broken something because it made some noises I have never heard, thanks God there is just a wrap around my obscenely swollen foot, and a pair of crutches that will accompany me everywhere for the next two weeks.

3. This happened here in Bucaramanga, so I had my uncle and my aunt to take me to the hospital and my good friend Marielita to take care of Katie while I was getting x-rayed, and then my nurse cousin Marcella (God bless her soul) interceding for me at the hospital she works at (on her free day) so they would give me the best and fastest service.


4. The medical bill, which included the doctor checkup, the x-rays and lunch was only USD $125.

5. Even though Katie had a rough day, she is very resilient and she's finally asleep.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is getting better... I have torture, sorry therapy every day and a half and it is really helping. It doesn't look like a morcilla anymore :)

    ReplyDelete