Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quien Esta Ahi?


Here is the little incident from our first night with Katie, which I said I was going to tell later.

So here I am, sleeping for the first time with my brand new baby in this apartment we just moved into, then, in the middle of the night, I hear noises outside our bedroom, I open the door to check it out and I notice there is someone or something in the next bedroom, then my worst nightmare comes true, a man walks out of the bedroom and he’s coming towards me in the darkness of the night!!!

“Quien esta ahi???!!!!   

I yelled at the same time that I locked myself in my bedroom while grabbing the crying baby who I woke up with my scream.
A thousand thoughts went through my mind in a millisecond, from “Could it be the owner of the apartment who didn't know his wife rented it??” to “Oh Crap! This is NOT Texas, therefore, I don’t have my Springfield .45 with me!!!”

Then I hear the man outside saying something… what is it??? 
He says: “It’s me, Paul”.
What???   At that point the obvious goes through my mind, I didn’t check if Paul was asleep, maybe because it was also the first night back with him after a full week sleeping by myself here in Colombia, you know, he arrived that same day!

So I open the door and there’s Paul, who is also confused and terrified, he explained to me that he woke up and went to the bathroom outside our bedroom so he wouldn’t wake up the baby (that didn’t work) and then went to the next bedroom to plug in his cell phone when he heard some crazy stuff in Spanish that scared the crap out of him! He said: “I thought that was the sound before someone would put a bag over my head and take me somewhere in the jungle! He followed: “Then I put it together that it was you and you might mean “Who’s there”  in Spanish”    

Indeed my dear. Indeed.

So we had the biggest scare while in Colombia and Paul for sure will NEVER forget how to say “Who’s there”  En Espanol.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carolina,
    You had me laughing hysterically! I can't imagine "el susto".
    Hope everything is well.
    Heyar

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! that we almost crap our pants!

    ReplyDelete