Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting Ready...

In order to take away the pressure of the seemingly endless “waiting time” I’ve decided to get this blog running.


First of all I want to THANK all of you who have known from the beginning about our adoption plans for not being pushy with the usually well-intentioned yet annoying question “have you had news yet?”  Probably having a very understanding Mother-in-Law who have been through this process herself is a blessing not every adopting parent has, and on the other side of the family, my mommy in Colombia has been very good keeping up with the process and she gives me updates instead of asking for them.


So how are we getting prepared?  First item on the checklist:  Set up the baby’s room


My good friend Johana has been my “partner in crime” for this stage, she has been as sweet and helpful as usual and a little bit more, since Sophia (Johana’s daughter) is a big girl now (2 years old) she has moved to a grown up bed, therefore, Jon & Johana handed down to us Sophia’s crib which is our baby’s room main (and only) piece of furniture.

For the walls we picked gender neutral colors, and I decided to go for the “jungle theme” here is my inspiration

Paul picked colors out of my favorites and he put a good amount of work, here he is doing some painting

We had planned to change the awful carpet, and that decision was final when I had a little "painting accident" 

and just after taking the official photo for the dossier

off goes the carpet !

We're waiting for my hand to get better to start installing the wood flooring, meanwhile, Johana has been helping me with the finishing touches, the animals, the circles and the lines, so far she made the animals using her special "cricut" printer, they haven't been installed but you can tell by this photo how cute they turned out

I'll post later (hopefully soon) a photo of the finished room and the rest of the items as I check the off my checklist :o)
Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment