Today is a good a day to post an update, a lot of time has gone by, now Katie is nine years old and Joey is going to be five!!! I know, time flies!
Katie has just finished second grade and going into third, we feel so blessed to see her become a little lady, she is the sweetest, most considerate person I know, she is an excellent older sister, she’s shy with strangers but she’s got a sassy and funny side at home, she loves to be told stories of “when she was little”, she’s got some serious musical talent, and she knows more facts about animals that I have ever known. In summary, she is the best daughter I could have ever dreamed of.
Joey has changed so much since the last time I posted about him, he now talks… a lot! and although his speech is clear, he has a lot of funny sentences, for example, Swimsoup = swimsuit, dyno coke = diet coke, the song “Thunder” = fun dip, and today he said his iPhone was “out of goose” = out of juice.
He is incredibly strong and very athletic for his age, he’s persistent, he doesn’t take a “no” for an answer, he has a strong personality, he’s funny, he loves to be the center of attention, and it seems like he’s very popular at school because all kinds of kids recognize him when we’re out and about town.
Joey is about to start kindergarten in Katie’ school which is a huge step and he’s been having a hard time with the idea of change, we noticed it because he started to act out at school but once we pointed out to his teacher that it may be just a reaction to the fear of loss, she made some adjustments and things went back to “normal”.
We are taking the kids to Legoland to celebrate their 5th & 9th birthdays, we are hoping they will enjoy it more than a regular birthday party, it will be Katie’s second time and Joey’s first time. We hope to make some good memories.
Regarding keeping up with their roots, I’ve been doing an OK job with their Spanish, they both understand it good, but they default more to English, I took Katie to Colombia two years ago and she had a blast, I haven’t taken Joseph back because he was too little, and I didn’t think he was going to enjoy it/ remember much of it, but it is something I want to do next year.
That’s it for now!.
No comments:
Post a Comment