Thursday, February 6, 2014

Factory of Baby Tyrants

If you ever wonder how can you make a happy-go-lucky baby become a tiny tyrant, I have an answer: just hand it to us.

I was telling Paul yesterday how I thought Joey had a more malleable personality than Katie's, she didn't ask for things, she demanded them. Well, it seems like I spoke too soon, Joey has been quickly awakening from his "deer-on-headlights" stage, and coming into "I am a happy baby BUT you have to do exactly what I want or else"

I know it sounds worse than it is, but for example he quickly learned that there's an alternative to falling asleep in the crib by himself, which is falling asleep on Mommy's arms and he wants to make this new option his default, therefore we've been having issues getting him to fall asleep and stay asleep, and since he doesn't sleep nobody else sleeps. He also rather eat being held rather than in the high chair, and since the high chair that we have available is too big for him, we've been feeding him in our lap, although today we went to a restaurant with a better fitted high chair and he was happy

For about a minute and then back to demanding being held :)

All being said, we are really happy to see him happier and quickly adjusting to our family and I am very happy to see daddy and son quickly bonding.



No comments:

Post a Comment