Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day Two

Today was a good day in general.

We woke up early to go get Paul's foreigner ID, apparently that's some new requirement nowadays (because there's not enough paperwork already involved)

All of us got dressed (now I'm having Paul pick Joey's clothes because he always insisted that he's not good with girls clothes) we had breakfast at the hotel and headed out to the Colombian Ministery of Foreigner Relationships, where Paul spent the next 5 to 6 hours getting a stamp on his passport.

While he was doing so, we went a purchased our tickets to Medellin (we are planning on staying there for the remainder of the process) and went to the Parque de la 93, where Katie and Joey got to play for a while, I took Joey's socks off and I think this was the first time in his life that he had sand on his toes, he loved it!


I know he doesn't look too thrilled in the photo but he really liked it!

Then we had lunch in a restaurant nearby and Paul and the driver picked us up to go home.

We spent all of the afternoon at the hotel and I can already tell Joey is getting used to me, he was very smiley with the kitchen ladies this morning and he is easy to smile to strangers but not so much to us, although I now get a big grin every time I walk into the room, and so does Katie, he's a little bit more serious with daddy but they played pretty well in the afternoon.

Last night he went to sleep way too easy, I just out him in his crib at the scheduled time and he snoozed right away... A little too easy (you know us adoptive moms like challenges) well I was a little concerned he was too institutionalized, but tonight he cried quite a bit, he wanted my arms to fall asleep to, I wasn't going to allow so (don't want to start a new trend) but I wasn't going to let him "cry it out" so we went back and forth about ten times until I remember something I read sometime and told him "don't worry mommy is going to be right here next to you, so is Dad and Katie" Katalina was right there "helping" and she said "yes, we will be here for you, don't cry" I then put him in his crib and he started playing with his dog until he fell asleep. He kept tabs on me the whole time, which made me happy, I know this is a long journey but I am glad we have a,ready started it.


No comments:

Post a Comment