Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's a Boy!!!

Most pregnancies start like this


But ours started like this


Yes, that is called a "Dossier" and whoever has put one of those together knows that it is one of the most painfully frustrating experiences there are.   Not only because of all of the metaphorical ass-poking involved, but because once you're done you feel a kind of happiness that nobody understands, after all, there is no baby bump to show that you're "expecting".

But all of that work is well paid when you finally get "the call", in our case it happened on my birthday, our agency called and let us know that we have been CHOSEN to be the parents of a five month old baby boy.

Then the email came and we fell in love with his face, his smile and his big bright eyes.

This is our son, his name is Joseph Vincent, he is now 7 months old and we will finally meet him in February in his hometown: Bogota.


We are more than happy, we are elated, I feel like when you just fall in love for the first time, you cannot stop thinking of this person and even though you're going through your daily routine, his image is there all day long, I wonder how he is, if he's having a good day, if he's healthy, I dream at night of having him in my arms, I try to imagine how would be to carry his 15 pounds of humanity... I cannot wait to tell him, don't worry Joey, mommy is here, mommy will take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment