Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Qs and As

Katie is now 4 and a half, and little kids her age love to ask WHY?

Their questions are usually amusing, and sometimes the answers one as parent comes up with, are pretty witty.

Katie: “dad, why can parrots talk?”
Paul: “they must have a lot to say”

But also some more serious questions start appearing…

Where do babies come from?

And in the adoption household the even harder ones come up:

Mom, why didn't I grow up in your belly?
Dad, why do some kids grow up without a daddy?

In order to answer her questions (the current ones and the ones that she’s not asking right now but will come in the future) I finally finished her Lifebook. 
I am proud that I finally did it and I am anxious to receive the actual book and start reading it to her.

And right after finishing her book, Paul found a poem that used to be in display in his house for his adoptive siblings and that beautifully summarizes the message we want to convey to her.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there! My husband and I have been reading your blog and are very interested in adopting a Colombian baby as well. We had a few questions about the process and was hoping you could give us some advice! Is there a way we can contact you directly via email? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maritza,
      I recommend you join this group groups.yahoo.com/group/ColombiansAdoptColombians/ there is a wealth of information there.
      I also posted some information here http://davidsontexas.blogspot.com/p/adoption-related-information.html
      And you can email me at davidsontexas at gmail

      Delete