Hi, this is Katie, I seldom write in the blog because I’m busy at daycare and stuff, but right now I’m on vacation so I thought I should tell you about my day yesterday.
Mommy told me it was going to be a very special day because I was going to be “baptized”, so she dressed me on a cute white dress and a headband and we headed to the church very early in the morning.
![]() |
| This is me grabbing a snack on the way out |
![]() |
| Daddy looked nice on his suit |
After a little wait a Deacon who seemed to be 100 years old greeted us, I did not like him at all so I started crying right away, he kept calling me Katarina, getting in my personal space and putting oil on my forehead and then he asked me something about “Satan” so OF COURSE I said NOOO because I don’t like that bad scary guy but my answer made everybody laugh. Here is the transcription:
Deacon: “Do you reject Satan?” Me (crying): “NOOOO”
Then they took me to a nice water fountain where I was having fun playing with the “agua” until my mom handed me to my aunt (now Godmother) and the priest poured water over my head!! Can you believe it? I just had my hair done!
Right after, the deacon lit a candle symbolizing the light mom, dad and both my Godparents a will share to me in the Christian faith but I thought it was a fire hazard so I put it out with my bare hand, mom said that I could’ve burned myself if it wasn’t because my hands were wet from playing with the water.
Then it was over and they let me move and do as I please (just like I like it) so I played with the flowers at the altar and didn’t want to leave the church… so I had to cry one last time when they picked me up and took me out of the church.
![]() |
| Here I am with my cousins, daddy, grandma, grandpa and the deacon. |
![]() |
| You guys can go home I'm going to hang out here for a while |
![]() |
| Playing with cousin Dylan and the altar flowers |









Katie looks like an angel (And I don't mean angel as a metaphor but a REAL angel!) Congratulations on her big day.
ReplyDelete