Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Favorite Part of the Day

As you know I’m back at work and I really enjoy it, I do not consider it stressful, just challenging enough to keep me entertained, so working is not a bad part of my day, but no matter how good my day at work is, the satisfaction of designing circuits, laying out PCB boards, or writing code is dwarfed by the joy of getting home to play with Katie and specially our little to bed routine. 
Like many other children she gets a shower, gets her teeth washed, then a bottle and then… that particular moment of parent-child magic happens, she just lays on my arms or chest and sings to herself something that sounds like “to to to tohhhh”, she plays with my face, giggles, hugs, and slowly fades into sleepy world, sometimes I just stay there watching her dream looking like a little angel, and I just think about how blessed we are to have her into our family and more than anything I feel blessed because not only I know that she’s ours but I’m sure she knows that we are hers.
You may think that I just committed a grammatical mistake when I started my little story in singular person and finished it in plural, well, I had that magical moment a little bit earlier today because she came home after lunch with a fever and slept with me for a couple of hours but then, at her usual bedtime I came into her room with her bottle while daddy was getting her ready to sleep and I saw her just there, hanging out on daddy’s chest, I wasn’t aware she had that kind of connection with daddy and it made me so happy to see them together, then I asked him how it went and he just described it to me just like it, the same singing, playing and fading into sleep and how much he enjoyed it.
I think people overuse the saying “you don’t know how this feels until you’re a parent” but this is for sure one of those cases.
Most of the best moments in life go without a photo, that’s why this post has no photos attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment