Monday, May 17, 2010

A Week Of Firsts

Katie has been having fun lately, getting home has been a big change and even though I've tried to keep it low key for her, there's no way I can undermine the whole "moving to another country" process. 

She's had a lot of first this weeks and I wanted to share them with you.

First time at the gym's pool, oh yeah, she's now officially a member our fitness center, she didn't like the cold pool at first but after a while she got comfortable. Here she is playing with the little water jets.


She also discovered Cheerios thanks to her new friends Helen Bea and Wendy and she loves them. Any edible toy is up in her like list.
We bought her as many puppy related toys as we could find because we were afraid of her reaction to our two big labs, but she just loved them and they had the better sense to keep away from her, I was specially afraid for Condi (the black one) because she's crazy and likes being overly friendly with kids putting them on the ground while she licks them copiously, I obviously didn't want that to happen to Katie and to my big surprise Condi doesn't even try to do it, I think she sees in eyes that I'll kick her butt if she even tries to be rude with my baby. 

This photo is kind of far away but I love her face expression! 



Katie also had her first stroll at the park with her new friend Sophia


Her first rear facing car ride (yeah, no more mommy's arms) she hated it at first but now she pretty much falls asleep everytime


 Her first time in the crazy enclosure mommy made so the dogs won't mess with her and her toys.
 Here is a closer view, she's always putting her best face


Her first time in her new walker, and this one is to show auntie Joshi that she's putting both feet on the floor just like she taught her.
 First SMIA meeting, described in Barbara's words "Miss Katie was an active participant...liberal applause and lots of giggles.  She will grow into a fine, conservative, intelligent, beautiful, strong woman...like her Mama! "

And last but not least, brand new language, it is funny to see her how she turns whenever she hears  Spanish, even if it is some random people at the store, she just looks like "hey I understand what this person is saying unlike EVERYONE else" so far she's learned Hi= Hola and Bye= Ciao. 

After all this new stuff going on her little life she's been a little bit more clingy to her mama, which I just enjoy. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture where she's sitting inside the enclosure and your lab is just looking in like "hey, can I come in there".
    Love it!
    -Heyar

    ReplyDelete