Friday, May 14, 2010

And We're Back!!!

Well, we're now home and many people have been asking: What's up with you guys???

When we came back we had the "perfect messy storm" at home, since our flooring project crashed with our suitcases full of stuff and our washer deciding not to work. Now (almost a week later) things are getting back to normal, and here I am, blogging again.

During our week in Bogota, we stayed at Nany's house, she was such a delightful host that we didn't want leave... well... not really ... after being for two long months in Colombia I wanted with desperation to come back home, but I shred a tear when we were saying our goodbyes, because I knew that Katie and I won't be able to see our friends and family again for a long time, since mostly any of them have the DAMNED VISA!!!!   

At the airport Katie was a princess, as usual, she slept through the whole security check process and the policemen were nice enough to do a "manual check" so I didn't have to get her off the stroller, here she is at the gate waiting to get in the airplane.

Once we got in the airplane she woke up and even though she slept most of the flight, we had a little TV screen right on top of us that didn't help with her sleep, after the third hour in the air she started crying out of desperation, but hey, I would've cried too if it was OK. 

When we landed in Houston we had to do the immigration process, hand out the "yellow envelope" and after a 15 minutes wait Katie was officially welcomed to the USA.
Here you can see in her eyes that she didn't sleep well but she was still a happy baby.
We had a long layover in Houston so we hit the Presidential Club and after having breakfast Katie decided to read a newspaper while mommy had a quick nap.
And finally we were off to San Antonio where daddy, the doggies and our home sweet home was waiting for us.  Our dream was finally true and we were together as a family. 

1 comment:

  1. She is really cute!! Congratulations on finishing the process.

    ReplyDelete