This was a very eventful week; we had a big birthday and a first visit to the pediatrician with three big vaccines that left Katie with a 102.2F temperature and not the best mood. Which is the reason of why I haven’t written, well… actually I haven’t had time to do almost anything, first getting ready for the big day, there was not a big celebration but a few friends came over and we shared a delicious cake that my good friend Johana baked.
Here is a snapshot of Katie and her little friends
And here she is having a blast eating her first birthday cake. Even though our Flip camera broke, Paul made a little video which you can see here The next day we went to the pediatrician who said that even though Katie is smaller than your regular 1 year old, she’s pretty average for a 10 month old which is her adjusted age since she was a preemie. She had three awful vaccines on her legs and the nurse poked her big toe to get a blood sample, ouch!!! After that she just wanted to be held ALL THE TIME and didn’t let me get more than 1 foot away for the next 3 days (AND nights) Which brings me to the point of this blog. A lot of friends have asked me “So… how do you feel about being a mom? Is it hard?” and my answer was always “Not really, she’s such a good girl, and she goes to bed so early that Paul and I always have the evenings for ourselves just like when we were childless” but this three days… oh man… they have been exhausting, and it is not because it is a tough work, it really isn’t, it is because it just absorbs all of my time, every single minute, there are no breaks, when I’m at work and I feel overwhelmed I get to get up, go have a coffee, talk to someone or just surf the Internet, but these last days with Katie, I had to be with her, no matter what or there would be squeals which would make her temperature go up, and… you know everything would go downhill from there.
Well, I’m glad to say that the storm has gone by and we’re back to normal, Katie was in a good mood today, she slept a lot (probably catching up from last night) and my wonderful husband just gave me the best day, he woke up early fed her and played with her in the morning, then at 7 AM when I woke up he went and made a delicious breakfast, and in the afternoon he took over her while I got to watch a chick flix “Valentine’s day” in the comfort of my couch, and then at 7 pm my little girl fell asleep like a beautiful angel so mama is here in the internet telling you, my friends, about our live with our little regalito de Dios.
Asi es la vida de la madre :) Felicitaciones Katie!
ReplyDelete