Per Wendy and Ines' request here is how our first night went.
After having a good day with Katie night settled in, if you have never been to Colombia you have to know that it gets pitch dark at 6 o'clock. "Katalina is used to go early to bed and she sleeps through the night" that's what her "manual" said but we knew to have different expectations... around 6 PM she started getting grouchy, and I knew it was time for bed, the manual didn't say she was used to get a bath before going to sleep so I tried to get her on her pajamas, but she starting screaming like I was pinching her... I thought I would be doing the same as hot as she was, so we gave her a bath and she calmed down... for a little bit.. then the screaming started again, so I fed her, it calmed her down for a sec... and then AAAWWWW of the top of her lungs!!! At this moment Paul decided to leave the room, so I stayed alone with her, knowing that she was just missing her foster home and probably her foster mother and there was nothing I could do about it... so I did what I do when I have no clue, I prayed... and in the middle of my prayer I started singing the Holy Father... I know I wasn't the most tuned singer because of my tears but somehow that calmed her... it worked!So I sang her my favorite song Angeles de Dios which I used to sing when I had the blues and which I also requested on our wedding ceremony and she just fell asleep just like God's little angel.
She slept through the night; she just woke up once because I woke her for a little "technical problem" which I will post about later.
Since then she's been falling asleep right on queue after her bath, bottle and song routine, it is amazing how babies love routine, today she was down for the night in about 4 minutes.
This is the new thing that gives me that feeling of acomplishment:A sweet sleeping baby. :)
Great job!! You are a natural !!
ReplyDelete