That is the title of a well know song in Colombia, it translates "Beach, Breeze and the Ocean" and that's what we had this past weekend.
I've been thinking on how to get our blog up-to-date with all that has been going on, we had Easter, a big birthday celebration, and a couple of fun trips, but if I start digging photos to make everything nice and in a chronological order that’s actually unlikely to happen, so I’ll start telling you about our last weekend.
My friend Johana and I have been talking about going to the beach, so when our friend Ximena proposed the idea as a “goodbye” for me we jumped right in, took the kiddos and left!
| Johana "My partner in crime" |
| My mommy, or as Katie calls her "Ita" from abuelITA |
| Group photo! I didn't get one with the whole group :( |
We went to the Corpus Christi area (Corpus, Port Aransas & South Padre), Johana and I decided to leave earlier than the rest of the group because we wanted to take advantage of all the daylight that we could, and we did! We went to the beach of South Padre, the Aquarium at Corpus, the beach of Port Aransas and the USS Lexington Museum in Corpus, we took hundreds of photos (as expected) and the kids had a blast! Johana’s kids 3 & 13 had never been to the ocean before, so they really enjoyed it and even though Katie had been in the ocean @ Florida, this time she enjoyed it more because now she can walk and “jump” when the waves were coming her way.
While everybody worked hard building sand castles I did the usual = take photos.
Here is our finished castle (yeah right)
The second day we waked up early and headed back to the ocean. Here is Sophia helping Katie to get ready for the second day at the beach
But first some photos
Smiling with mommy
Finally at the beach! Katie LOVED everything, the sand, the seagulls, the seashells, and of course the ocean!
She was smiling the whole time!
And she even did her happy dance!

No comments:
Post a Comment