Monday, January 3, 2011

Bright Kid

You know how people say "Children's brains are little sponges"? I have always believed so and now with Katie I'm dazzled everyday with it. I know my kid is not a super genious, is just a normal 19 month old kid with an amazing God given capaticty to learn, the thing that amazes me the most is how seamless is for her the English/Spanish deal, she doesn't say that many words but we can see how much she understands, she went from not having any idea of what to do when people used to say hi, to waiving hi to EVERYBODY we cross paths with.

Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that they learn EVERYTHING, even the smallest details, and this one is a funny one, everytime we are going to take a photo we point at the camera so Katie looks at it, we don't try to make do the fake smile because she's too little for it (or isn't she?) but we at least try to get her little cute face looking at the camera. Well, she now thinks that what you have to do when someone pulls up a camera is to "point at the camera" after all, that's what mommy and daddy always do. Here are a few samples :)



 
My mom says that the best way to teach your child is with your example, I always got that, but now I'm thinking what kind of things am I teaching my child without even realizing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment