Today was a very long, stressful and successful day, it started with me texting our lawyer at 6:30 AM, I wrote "I'm stressing out, we have tickets for Monday and we don't have our Sentencia (Final Adoption Decree) yet! HELP Please!.
At 8:30AM our lawyer called and said that she talked directly with the judge and adviced me to be by the phone since she would call during the morning to tell me if we could get the Sentencia, I got a call around 11 AM, it was our lawyer saying that Katie and I should be at the court house at 2PM to receive our Sentencia!!! Yippee!!!
At 8:30AM our lawyer called and said that she talked directly with the judge and adviced me to be by the phone since she would call during the morning to tell me if we could get the Sentencia, I got a call around 11 AM, it was our lawyer saying that Katie and I should be at the court house at 2PM to receive our Sentencia!!! Yippee!!!
So there we were, ready and eager to sign some paperwork
The Colombian court system is very different to the American, so you usually don't get to see the Judge, we were lucky the Judge was there and I got a photo of her and Katie, she kept telling us how cute Katie was (I know) and she asked for photo updates in the future, which we will do.
After getting the Final Adoption Decree or "Sentencia" we went to get Katie's new birth certificate, which shows us as her parents.
Two and a half hours later, we got to hold Katie's new birth certificate, she's now officially Katalina Anne Davidson-Paredes, she's got my maidem name since that's the way it is done here in Colombia :)
Here is a photo of Katie and I in front of the court house, you can tell I was happy and even though Katie was tired already she gave us some joy claps!
Carolina, that's great news, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!! It must be such a wonderful feeling to know it's finally "official"
ReplyDeleteGood luck in Bogota!
-Heyar
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHoping things went well for you guys in Bogota, I am worried because the embassy doesn't usually do visa stuff on Friday so you wouldn't be able to go until MOnday and then pick up Tuesday. I hope I'm wrong. Can't wait to see a picture of you all back in Teas.
ReplyDeleteMelinda