Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I’m Back Online

OK, after getting Katie asleep and grabbing some coffee and cookies I think I’m ready to tell you about our day.

We started early as usual with a poopy diaper and a hungry, yet smiley, baby.  After taking care of “that business” we went to the park to run and Katie fell asleep, as usual, after the first couple of steps in the park, to those of you who would like to come to Bucaramanga at some point in your lives, whether it is for adoption or just tourism, let me tell you that “El Parque La Flora” is just awesome, it looks like a botanical garden (meaning there’s nothing really special to see – no show) but the sound of the birds, the beautiful flowers,  the shade of the trees and the fresh air in the atmosphere makes it a real treat.
Here’s a photo of how it looks like (please factor in that I’m not the greatest photographer)

So here I am enjoying my stroll around the park when I get a cell phone call, it is our lawyer telling me that the social worker came over to our house to do the “Integration Visit” and since we weren’t there she left. Oh no!!! I called the SW and after some begging she decided to come back, needless to say, I didn’t have time to clean the house so she found it in the “normal state” which is not that bad.

We talked about how the baby spent her first day with mommy and daddy, how she is adjusting to us, about her routine, and I kept thinking “you should read my blog!” Anyway, at some point we started talking and talking without paying attention to Katie so she decided to join in with gibberish, “bah bah bah bah”, Katie said, then she did this funny sound she does with her mouth ”PPPPPFFFHHTTT!!” and she laughed like she just told us a joke! Ha ha!

After an hour long conversation the social worker told us that we seem to be adjusting fine as a family and that we passed the visit with flying colors, WooHoo!!!  Now the legal process starts and we’re just praying it is a speedy one :)

I leave you today with a photo of the Davidson Family enjoying the park

1 comment: